Welcome to the Brain Injury Alliance of Oklahoma!
The Brain Injury Alliance of Oklahoma (BIA-OK) is Oklahoma's foremost advocacy organization for survivors of brain injury. As a non-profit organization, we strive to educate survivors, family members, professionals, and the public about all matters related to brain injury.
Mission Statement The mission of the Brain Injury Alliance of Oklahoma, Inc. is to create a better future through brain injury prevention, research, education and advocacy.
The Brain Injury Alliance of Oklahoma was first organized in 1980 as the Oklahoma Head Injury Foundation. It was reorganized 1997 and is a private, not-for-profit corporation serving persons with traumatic/acquired brain injuries (TBI/ABI), their families, professionals and the community.
Newly Added Website:
The Brain Injury Guide & Resources - http://www.braininjuryeducation.org
Articles and videos about brain injury. This Brain Injury Guide and Resources website is the result of collaboration between the University of Missouri, School of Health Professions, Department of Health Psychology and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (MO-DHSS). The Missouri Traumatic Brain Injury Implementation Partnership Project, awarded to MO-DHSS by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, provided financial resources for this website.
Looking for Oklahoma Brain Injury Services and Programs?
Check out the Oklahoma Head Injury Programs and Services Directory.
Learn More About Brain Injury in Oklahoma
Each year, nearly 20,000 Oklahomans visit a hospital over a brain injury. Download the Federal TBI Program State Grant Fact Sheet here.
You can also run your own search about brain injury in Oklahoma at the OSDH Injury & Prevention Service's OK2Share site.
Find out about the OSDH Traumatic Brain Injury Program here, and download the following materials about TBI here:
- Resources and Services Directory for Head Injury and Other Conditions
- Useful Information about Head Injury (127k .pdf) or Información útil Sobre Lesiones de Cabeza 123k .pdf)
- Information about Head Injury after a Visit to the Emergency Department(38k .pdf) or (Información que Usted Necesita Saber sobre Lesiones de la Cabeza 44k .pdf)
- Information about Head Injury after a Stay in the Hospital (44k .pdf)or (Información de la que usted necesita saber Lesiones de Cabeza 46k .pdf)
- Introduction to the Department of Rehabilitation Services (97k .pdf) or (El Empleo Después de una Lesión Cerebral Traumática 73k .pdf)
- Traumatic Neurologic Injury Advisory Council